With the vaccine rolling into California this week, fraudsters are always looking for ways to prey on Medicare beneficiaries.
- You likely will not need to pay anything out of pocket to get the vaccine during this public health emergency.
- You cannot pay to put your name on a list to get the vaccine.
- You cannot pay to get early access to the vaccine.
- No one from Medicare or the Health Department will contact you.
- No one from a vaccine distribution site or health care payer, like a private insurance company, will call you asking for your Social Security number or your credit card or bank account information to sign you up to get the vaccine.
- Check with your health care provider before paying for or receiving any COVID-19-related treatment.