NEXT has a great line up of clever ways to celebrate Halloween. Please (virtually) grab your friends and join us for any/all events.
Tickets start at $100 and are available now. Sponsorships are still available. Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-888-2868. You can also send a check to: PO Box 330278, SF. 94133
This year’s theme: People, Pets, & Produce!
We proudly bring you, virtually, our annual Halloween fundraiser! Party for a good cause without leaving the comfort of your home.
We’ve got a series of great Halloween events for you!
• Two Murder Mystery Mondays, October 12th and 19th
• Alfred Hitchcock’s film, The Birds, followed by Q&A with film critic, Saturday, Oct. 17th
• GRAND FINALE: All events culminate in a final video event featuring smart comedy by THE ONE AND ONLY JOSH KORNBLUTH! October 24th at 6:30 pm
Prizes for Costume Contests: Create a costume for you (using items from around your house) your pet, and/or decorate produce as you would a pumpkin…you can even decorate a pepper or banana! Enter each contest by sending us a photo by October 9th. Entries will be judged by a jury of our peers and sponsors!
About Josh: Josh is a Fellow at the Global Brain Health Institute, based at UCSF. Catch his new monologue, Citizen Brain, premiering (on Zoom) in October (info at https://tinyurl.com/y63ccncc); and check out his videos on brain science and social justice (confusingly, also titled “Citizen Brain)” at citizenbrain.org. Go to his website, joshkornbluth.com to learn more about his work!
Here’s How it Works:
• Once you have purchased your ticket, a brief survey will pop up asking you to select the
events you are interested in. (Not sure yet? Check all of them.)
• All relevant information will be sent to you prior to the events. If you signed up for Murder Mystery, we will send you your character information several days before the event.
• You will receive the Zoom links for the events you selected by email one day prior to the event. If you have questions, please contact: email@example.com.
Monday Murder Mystery:
You can host your own team of 6-8 friends for a Murder Mystery (we’ll give you everything you need for a successful event at a time that works for you) or you can let us know you want to be added to one of the teams that we are arranging for Oct.12 or 19th.
NEXT will provide links to watch the famous movie, “The Birds” for you to watch from home followed by a Zoom conversation with world-renowned film critic, Alexandra Phillippe, a noted Hitchcock expert on Saturday, October 17 th at 11:00 am.
Grand finale with special guest, Josh Kornbluth:
Log in to our fundraiser’s grand finale on October 24th at 6:30 pm, and watch the witty, funny comedy of Josh Kornbluth!
It’s not Halloween without costume contests, so create your own, snap a photo and send to us by Oct. 9th, or we can take your costume photo via Zoom, or by sending a volunteer to your home to snap that winning shot of you, or your pet, or your produce, or all three! Entries will be shared during the grand finale on October 24th.
Proceeds from Halloween In The Village will help us continue to provide support to seniors aging-in-place and services to those riding out COVID-19 at home.
Please join us for any and all events.
Halloween in the Village 2020 Sponsors
Giant Pumpkins ($5,000)
• Tom Layton and Gyongy Laky
Full-Size Candy Bars ($2,500)
• Sutter Health Foundation
• Claudine Cheng
Good Witches ($1000)
• Harvey Hacker and Jane Winslow
• Ann Ludwig
• Mike and Judy O’Shea
• Friends of Jacqueline Zimmer Jones
• Kim Rotchy
• Paul and Gail Switzer
• Janet Crane and Rod Freebairn-Smith